sábado, 21 de junio de 2014


Gabriel García Márquez 


Hello everyone, I would like to talk to you about one of my favourite writers, his name is Gabriel Garcia Marquez. He was a colombian writer and one of the greatest representation of magical realism.

I like this writer because he is a latin american, and because his profound description of all the characters that makes the readers become interested in them and creates certain empathy towards them. In addition, it’s very interesting to see all the characters being living in a world mixture of realistic and fantastic elements.

The books that I like the most from this author are: El coronel no tiene quien le escriba, it’s sad story about a colonel who, after wartime, waited for his expected retirement, as well as a letter from his son who was supposedly dead.

Cien años de soledad, one of his most famous works; and one of my favourite books, crónicas de una muerte anunciada, a story that keeps us excited from the start, expecting someone could prevent Santiago Nazar’s death even though we know he would die from the beginning of the book.


Gabriel Garcia Marquez died on the 14th of April of this year, the world mourns for his death, even though there will be no more publication from him, he will still be one of my favourite writers.   

3 comentarios:

  1. cien años de soledad, it's one of my favourite books too! the realistic and enigmatic history of this town is brilliant

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I declare a GarciaMarquez lover, is very very good, the better! Think that he is dead is a hurt to my heart

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Hello! His work is a classic of Latin americans' literature, Cien años de soledad is a very good story.

    ResponderBorrar