sábado, 21 de junio de 2014

            

Hi, today I will talk about an article on visual arts, especially in the area that I like the most: photograpy. Last Tuesday I was checking my Facebook, I like to follow news pages like emol, BioBio, Defensa Animal, and others which keep me informing what´s happening in the country and in the world, and in emol I saw the death of patricio Guzman, a chilean photographer. 

Patricio Guzman focused his job on social photography, especially during the 50s to the 70s in ours country and furthermore between 1964 and 1967 he worked at the photography lab at Universidad de Chile. As photographer, some of his most famous Works were songwriter Victor Jara´s portrait, whose most emblematic images were done by the aforementioned photographer. 


I really like this photographer because his job has a historical meaning for Chile during the 60s. His contribution to provide evidence to the difficult condition the country liven in. I wanted to share this article with you because few people know about his contriburion to chilean visual arts, since his work is very famous abroad and he know how to show the country during a period of fear and silence by the changes that were happening in a beautiful and emotional manner.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Karen, this is a good artist and very little known in our country, his photographs are wonderful, are the only evidence that indicate the passage of time.

    ResponderBorrar